Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Explore, discover, heighten and then transform your thoughts into pure energy. Savasana ~ the most important part of any yoga practice:
1. Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms by your sides.
2. Bring your legs out until your feet are a little farther that hip-width apart.
3. Take your arms out until they're at about a 30-degree angle from your sides, palms facing up. You could also rest your hands on your belly if you prefer.
4. Tuck your chin slightly into your chest while lengthening through the back of your head and neck.
5. Remain in this position for at least 5 minutes, letting your body relax as much as possible. Breathe naturally and make sure you always exhale slowly.
This posture rejuvenates the body, mind and spirit while reducing stress and tension. It gets its name from the Sanskrit words, Sava
, meaning corpse, and asana,