There is a pressing need for yoga classes to incorporate yogic practices adapted for individuals struggling with mood disorders. 322 million people worldwide live with depression and an estimated 264 million people worldwide have an anxiety disorder. In addition, there has been a 42% increase in the number of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) diagnoses over the last 8 years. In this module you will learn ancient Hatha Yoga practices, combining three elements: physical poses (asanas); controlled breathing, breathing practiced in conjunction with asanas; and meditation techniques to enhance your tool box and cater to your personal needs and/or your students needs.Read more »
Though primarily an oral tradition, certain aspects of yogic practices have been committed to writing. The sage Patanjali codified the oral tradition of the system, of at least 5000 years old, into the Yoga Sutras.
The Yoga Sutras are a series of suggestions or guidelines describing the yoga path, compiled into one complete work by the sage, Patanjali. The word Sutra literally means a thread or line that holds things together.
Read more »
8 things to remember when going through tough times.
1. Everything can – and will – change.
2. You’ve overcome challenges before.
3. It’s a learning experience.
4. Not getting what you want can be a blessing.
5. Allow yourself to have some fun.
6. Being kind to yourself is the best medicine.
7. Other’s people negativity isn’t worth worrying about.
8. And there is always, always, always, something to be thankful for.
NEXT yoga studios are NOW OPEN!!
We have a whole new set of safety protocols we are implementing to keep everyone healthy. You should have gotten an email with the new guidelines but if you haven’t, please email email@example.com. Our studios will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each class.
Not ready to join us in person quite yet? That’s completely okay! Make sure to take advantage of our virtual membership special of only $39 a month (normally $49).
Looking for a yoga instructor course "near me?"
Contact Lauren Duncan -
Read more »
Yes, Downward Dog is weight-bearing pose, but it prepares our hands and feet for standing and arm balancing poses.
By stretching the cervical spine and neck, it allows the head and your mind to relax. In addition, as the hips lift and the head drops below the heart, the pull of gravity is reversed and fresh blood flows, aiding in circulation. So the next time you’re in Downward Dog, enjoy the obvious and not-so-obvious benefits of the pose.Read more »
We often don’t think about the important role our lungs play in keeping us strong and well. It's not until we experience problems breathing that we take notice. But the truth is, like the rest of our body, our lungs need daily care and attention.Read more »
The major benefits of barre class are improved posture, muscle definition, weight loss, increased flexibility, and reduced stress. One of the best parts about barre classes is that they combine strength training and cardio, so you're burning fat and building muscle at the same time. Barre Burn focuses on strengthening the muscles, and muscle tissue burns 15 times as many calories as fat. The stronger you get, the more calories you'll burn around the clock.Read more »
We are carefully following the CDC guidelines for opening our studios. Our Elmhurst and Wheaton Studios will reopen with modified schedules and class sizes. Our studios will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each class.
In-Studio Class Sign-up:
- Students must be pre-registered for class. Sign-up on our NEXT yoga app.
- No walk-in students will be permitted.
- 12 hour Cancellation is required to allow others to sign up. No shows will be charged $15 in addition to class used.
Arrival & Departure:
- Please arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before class and wait outside on the marked social distancing signs.
- Be prompt. No late arrivals will be permitted.
- Temperature will be taken at door.
- Immediately use hand sanitizer at entrance
- Remove shoes at entrance and take your belongings with you in studio. One bag only.
- No cubbies, lockers or showers are available at this time.
- Place your mat at one of the marked locations in the studio to maintain social distancing.
- Students are required to stay in studio until the end of class.
- Please exit the student promptly.
Bring your own mat, towel, + props:
- No rental towels or mats at this time.
- We will not blocks or straps available to use.
- Please bring your own blocks or straps. We
will also have them available to purchase.
- Masks must be worn in the studio and can only be removed once you are on your mat.
- There will be no hands on assists or any physical contact between instructors and students
Read more »
- Weights will be available for Sculpt classes and will be thoroughly disinfected after use.
Move, sweat, and breathe. The possibilities are limitless! Challenge your mind, body, and spirit by pushing your strength, balance, and flexibility to new heights with strength demanding postures and dynamic flow. It’s time to take your yoga practice to the next level. Strengthen and tone every main muscle group of your body and feel the amazing benefits. If you can breathe, you can do yoga! Read more »
Remember, most of your stress comes from the way you respond, not the way life is. Adjust your attitude. Change how you see things. Look for the good in all situations. Take the lesson and find new opportunities to grow. Let all the extra stress, worrying, and overthinking go.
Allow negative emotions to flow. Acknowledge them, validate them. Accept that the world is not perfect, nor are the people in it.
Create a positive mantra to counter your painful thoughts. How you talk to yourself can either move you forward or keep you stuck.
Be gentle with yourself.
Engage in self-care.Read more »
Have a powerful, purposeful conversation
about your life
and design it to create
Your Best Life.
LIVE STREAMING YOGA CLASSES!
To sign-up, click the link below. Once you find the class you would like to take, click the "sign-up" button and follow the prompts. If you already have an account with NEXT yoga, you MUST click "NEED NEW PASSWORD" before you login. You must sign-up at least 15 minutes before class!
If you have questions about how to sign-up or would like a step by step guide, click the link below:
For all other inquiries and assistance, email Lauren G. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't wait to practice with all of our favorite yogis and to see your smiling faces!
Looking for a yoga instructor course "near me?" Contact Lauren Duncan -
Read more »