DIY At Home Yoga Space
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Here are some tips on how to create a beautiful and functional yoga practice space at home.
1) Pick a room where you’re least likely to be interrupted.
· A home office
· Your basement
· Your bedroom
· Your back yard
2) Keep your mat, props (bolsters, straps, etc.), towel in a basket or container for convenience. The easier you make your environment, the better! Helps to keep you motivated.
3) Consider the temperature of your environment. Adjust to what you’re used to. Heated with humidity or not? If you normally attend hot yoga class, turn up the heat with a space heater perhaps.
4) Try and skip the pajamas & wear the same yoga clothes that you would wear to class. Believe it or not, those clothes are designed to enhance your practice.
5) Fill up your practice space with fresh, calming scents! Add your favorite essential oils to a diffuser or spray your mat and room with essential oils that you put in a spray water bottle.
6) Accent your space with nature. Small succulent plants, lavender sprouts in a vase, crystals, and some fresh fruit in a bowl (for looks and a snack!)
7) Make some homemade lemon/lavender towels for your Savasana. Fill a bowl with cool water and add a few drops of essential oils (base upon how big your bowel is and how many washcloths you make at a time). Keep them cool in your refrigerator.
Now that your practice space is all set up, get signed up!
LIVE STREAMING CLASSES!
To sign-up, click the link below. Once you find the class you would like to take, click the "sign-up" button and follow the prompts. If you already have an account with NEXT yoga, you MUST click "NEED NEW PASSWORD" before you login. You must sign-up at least 15 minutes before class!
If you have questions about how to sign-up or would like a step by step guide, click the link below:
For all other inquiries and assistance, email Lauren G. at email@example.com.
We can't wait to practice with all of our favorite yogis and to see your smiling faces!
Looking for a yoga instructor course "near me?" Contact Lauren Duncan -